Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Post-holiday cheer!!!

Now that Christmas is over I'm seeing a gigantic influx of attractive men on Capitol Hill. A friend of mine in college always said that it paid off being liberal more than being conservative because liberals tend to be more attractive (think Bono vs Mel Gibson; Angelina Jolie and Ann Coulter...actually if someone can name me a really HOT conservative I'll be impressed). While I don't think this means that I'll end up finding a better pick of men as Hill staffers thus far don't seem to be overly friendly, interesting or unpretentious, I can't complain about the eye candy. It's refreshing.

How was your Christmas? How was your New Years? Yeah? Really? How interesting. blah de blah de blah. I went with some friends to the Rock and Roll hotel, solidifying my favorable impression of the place...and its helluv convenient to be able to walk home from New Years escapades. The upstairs DJ was pretty rocking and creative while the downstairs DJ was full of the necessary cheese. $50 and free drinks till 1 left me with very little to complain about by the end of the night. Oh, except the obnoxious frat boy who offered to give me a New Years make-out sesh despite the New Year having been rung in well over an hour earlier. Bring it on, 2007. I just went through a rough year and look forward to what shit I'll have to fend next.

No comments: