Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Birthday dilemna

My parents are coming to visit for my birthday which is in a little less than a month. They are going to take me shopping for a day as my birthday present. They figured out a few years ago that this is preferable for all parties involved over buying me presents on my own. However, for the past few years I haven't had the opportunity to really go shopping, so I would figure out one of two things for them to get me. But this year they're coming, and I'm working on narrowing down my list.

This is much harder than it seems. I just moved and just started a new job. This means I'm in need of suits (since the job requires suits and I only own 2) but also in need of furniture. I'm also in need of quality shoes because I spend large parts of my day walking around. The best shoes I've ever found are Campers...and they're really expensive. My last pair died about a year ago and I've been itching to get a new pair ever since...and this birthday seems like the perfect time to do it. But they're really expensive. And I could really use a rug...and a coffee table...and a new suit. All of which I could get for much less than two pairs of shoes.

What to do what to do?!?!?!?!

1 comment:

fluttertongue said...

Shoes/suit from parents, charity shop for everything else :)