Friday, January 05, 2007

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right

I used to smoke a lot of pot. Not really of my own accord, I had a bunch of stoned-hippie friends that smoked all day and I would smoke with them most of the time. Numerous ultra-lazy boyfriends, poorly written papers and missed appointments later, I came to the conclusion that I wouldn't smoke anymore. Not only was I annoyed with the listlessness it inspired in my relationships and general life-outlook, but the overwhelming cynicism and paranoia I get while stoned, not to mention my uselessness via pot-hangover the next day, in incredibly depressing and painful.

HOWEVER DESPITE KNOWING THIS I decided it was a good idea to get stoned last night. First time in roughly six months...and before that six months...you get the point. NOT ONLY did I get stoned, but I also went out in public. From a girl who hung out with stoners that smoked pot and watched movies, this is never a good idea.

So we smoked, then went out to the Palace of Wonders where we watched a magician. Who made lame jokes with sexual innuendos (Frank's big magic DECK helps him pick up girls har dee har). The most entertaining part of the show was the wasted guy who kept yelling 'NO HOW'D HE DO THAT?!' in a childlike incredulous voice. I left around 11:30, after becoming convinced that my friends hated me and wanted me to leave. Then woke up this morning with a head full of cotton that has yet to dissipate.

Stupid pot.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're a fuckin dousch. Honestly pot hangover? Does that even exist? If you don't like it, then don't smoke it. A lot of people smoke marijuana for enjoyment and medical reasons, and a lot of pot smokers are really intelligent. Who are you to sit there and criticize them, calling them lazy and other names just on the fact that you get paranoid off it. Go smoke a bowl ya fuckin twit.