Monday, January 08, 2007

Losing the blues

It was raining men in KatWorld this weekend.

Friday I went on a pseudo-date. First one since the nasty break-up...and wow does it feel good to have someone flower me with attention, act like I'm brilliant and have eyes for no one but me for a little bit. I say psuedo-date 'cause it definitely was a first-time-hanging-out-do-I-like-you-or-not kind of thing, and it wasn't one-on-one. He's sweet, very nice, really, but I'm not feeling any chemistry. It ended up being a bit more of a friend-date than anything. Still, very nice.

Saturday went out to a bar with my roommate and was chatted up by not one but two attractive and not horrible men. Perhaps the creepy-men-come-here sign has been removed from my forehead. Male number 1 was roughly 10 years older than I and works for the EPA and I was fine talking to him until he decided we should talk about life one the Hill....blah blah BOREDOM. Male number 2 was nice and funny and cute and flirty--seemingly perfect until about 10 minutes in the conversation he decided to tell me about his struggling business that hasn't gotten off the ground yet and how he's working construction until it does....yuck.

Sorry, call me shallow, but after the last ex who STILL lives with his parents and works a shitty temp job but liked to 'talk' about how he was 'going places'--give me someone whose made it a reality. I'm sick of listening to all these 'plans' that never work.

Despite the none of these boys sticking yet, I consider the weekend a great success. My uncharacteristic shyness and awkwardness that manifested after moving to DC seems to have left...and hopefully for good. I feel like I'm getting back on my feet again. Yipee!!

No comments: