Friday, January 19, 2007

My Pop Culture for the Week

Stephen Colbert meets Bill O'Reilly!! I'd been looking forward to it allll week!!

And it was much less hilarious than anticipated. I remember when I REALLY LOVED watching John Stewart doing interviews on the Daily Show, and then sometime last year he STOPPED doing interviews and instead TALKED during the whole thing. Don't get me wrong--love John Stewart, want to have 10 million of his babies etc, but I enjoyed watching him set people up to dig their own graves. When the Colbert Report began I laughed hilariously when Michael Brown slaughtered himself, and Ariana Huffington proved her idiocy...but the Bill O' Reilly 'interview' last night? Colbert's comments on O'Reilly are funny, and when O'Reilly got a word in edgewise he lived up to the assholeness we love. But frankly, Stephen, I left this encounter with you feeling a little dissatisfied.

Saving the evening were the first 10 minutes of the Daily Show. Fucking brilliant.

No comments: