Thursday, December 28, 2006

Oh, craptastic day

Late December, how wonderful you are. It's that time of year when everyone gets sick via too much drinking/eating/sexing/traveling or whateverthefuck. Me, sadly, I am not suffering from too much sexing but all the others are adding up to a general feeling-like-shit-ness. Will that stop me from going out tonight? Probably not. I will power through. I can do it. Despite the fact my bank account is subtly reminding me otherwise. Oh well.

Work is so incredibly dead today. I think I've received a total of four phone calls all morning, and I've managed to get through 5 chapters of my book and reviewed fractions for the GRE (yes, I am an idiot who can't remember how to use fractions anymore. Liberal arts, you rock my world).

So its transition time here in the government with the Republicans moving out and the Democrats moving in. In my office, this means a little over half of the staff is turning over...and taking as much of the furniture as possible. Today it was the coffee table in the reception room. The marks on the carpet are laughing. Last week is was the giant painting of something hideous on the wall above my desk. The nail looks lonely. I'm hoping they also take the malformed plant the size of a 6-year-old child that hovers next to my desk, but I doubt I'll get that lucky. The claws were really coming out yesterday when the new chief-of-staff did a walk through the office and discussed how he was going to rearrange things. Passive aggression was rampant. It's like being in high school.

The Wall Street Journal reported yesterday an increasing trend in barefoot running, despite the increased risk of infections via running over stones etc. I'm looking for a blog on it.

3 comments:

I-66 said...

I realize you're in the process of remodeling around here, but the text just became 52½ times harder to read. Carry on, blog fidgeter.

And after I've seen what people walking down the street after a long night out are capable of doing on a sidewalk, I don't think "run more barefoot" is a resolution I'll be making for 2007.

Meokat said...

Thanks--better now?

I-66 said...

It is, though I must say I'm not as impressed with the editability of the new blogger as I should be. Gracias.