Wednesday, December 27, 2006

I love going home

Going home is hilarious. I grew up in a small town in the middle of nowhere in PA. My high school had a graduating class of 64 and most people don't move away after college. So, going home is always a high school reunion.

This year was a little special cause I was seeing a close friend, I'll call him James, who just finished 6 and a half months in Iraq. As I was in England before he left, it had been over a year since we had last seen each other. We hung out, caught up, and hit the local bar scene where we were sure to run into people from high school. We do, and we hit a gem of a girl I'll call Amy. Amy is not the most intelligent person in the world...as illustrated by this conversation:

Amy: James!!! So good to see you!!! How was Iraq?
James: Well, you know, full of sand.
Amy: Sand? SAND? THERE'S SAND THERE?!?!?!!?
James: Uh...yeah...lots of sand, and some trees.
Amy: THERE ARE TREES IN IRAQ?!

And here I finally jumped in HOW CAN YOU BE SUCH AN IDIOT. To which she replied, well Iraq always looks like its full of dirt in the pictures on the news.

No comments: