Friday, April 13, 2007

YUM Caffeine

I very heartily apologize for being such a wet blanket in that last post.

Moving on....

I sent a dish of mussels back to the kitchen at a restaurant I went to last night. It was a turning point in my life, I feel. I was polite, but firm. And they were taken off my bill without me even asking.

I saw a random punk band last night that was pretty entertaining. AWESOME.

These two Australians came to hang out with me in my office because they think I'm gorgeous. Ok I'm lying. Actually they had a meeting with me regarding an event they're planning. But they were really lovely. And the one was quite cute--and wearing a green polka-dot tie!!! Adorable!! They 'invited' me to an embassy party-we'll see if that happens. Here's hoping. They DID hang out for like a half hour AFTER the meeting was over, so I'm going to keep thinking they liked me. And that the cute one was sporting a little crush.

I got a little drunk and made fun of my roommate's current victim. I use the word victim in the truest sense possible. To be fair--the poor girl has had a rough time with relationships and an even rougher time getting over them. So she dates boys that will make her the complete center of attention and patronize her every need. Then she chews them up and spits them out, thus far before any 'I love yous' are spoken.

Eh, its better than sleeping with a different guy every night and getting some funky disease, I guess.

Don't read this next sentence if you're the type who will vomit over sappiness.

My boyfriend is great, and here's why: last night I went to be a little earlier than him, but was still half awake when he crawled in. He leans over, cuddles me, gives me a kiss and says "Cute! Yum!" before firmly tucking my head into his shoulder and passing out.

*blissful sigh*

Now if I could just stop having the nightmares where he calls me an awful person and says he never wants to speak to me again.

jk.

not really.

No comments: