Thursday, April 12, 2007

All I want is to be thin and have nice clothes

Good LORD has it been boring. boring boring boring boring boring.

Last weekend I went home for Easter. Ate lots of food, got a book, a new steamer pot, some new knives, two new pairs of shoes and two skirts for work.

In case it isn't ridiculously obvious I have a thing for shopping.

This week, despite being in session, work is boring boring boring and there's nothing to do. A project that I'm supposed to be working on is on hold because the person I'm working on it with doesn't have his act together (and yes, he gets a harassing phone call EVERY DAY). My coworker doesn't need any help because his responsibilities are also boring boring boring. I'm tired of obsessing over new-relationship because frankly everything is dandy. I keep looking for jobs but then balk at applying for them because I've only been in my current one for 5 months and maybe I don't really WANT a job that's going to require things like actually earning my paycheck and working overtime. Which leads me to the point of this rant:

I think I want to get married. To someone rich. Who will finance my shopping and traveling needs and not be a pain in the ass to be around. I'm not looking for love here. Just some freedom from working boring jobs. And we all know that money=freedom=happiness=lots of shopping=personal trainer=gorgeous body so I can attract men who are amazing in bed, thereby reducing the need for said rich man to be attractive or virile (I think I spelled that wrong).

Sorry, current awesome boyfriend who is also fabulous in bed BUT doesn't make 7 figures a year: you're out. Maybe we can work something and you can be my man-on-the-side.

WHY IS IT ONLY THURSDAY.

3 comments:

fluttertongue said...

Pretty, you need a new job. Or religion. None of this needing a rich man business. Focus on the good stuff in your life! Do you have any petting farms nearby? Go and pet a baby rabbit and life will suddenly fall into focus x

Meokat said...

Oh, honey, I actually ended up doing even better!!! I spent the afternoon with two lovely Australians :-D

Anonymous said...

Did I mention I'm due to inherit my 91 year old grandad's shipping empire, and can turn a blind eye to your daytime activities in exchange for bean pie? :-D

2 Australians?! do tell!