Monday, April 23, 2007

Oops!

Something amazing just happened.

A group of 5 people from the South African parliament walked into my office looking for a room for a meeting. It wasn't one of the rooms in my office, so I looked them up in our room reservation system, but didn't see anything. The group had a phone number, so I called it to try and help them out.

Me: Hello, this is Kat from ***. I'm calling because I have a group from South Africa in my office that is looking for a meeting in X room at 1:30. They have your phone number as a contact. Do you know anything about this?

Woman: Oh yes, they're expected by Mr. Z at 1:30.

Me: Ok, where should I send them for the meeting? I don't know where this room is...

Woman: The meeting isn't till 1:30. They have loads of time. Don't send them over yet!

Me: ....It's 1:30 now.

Woman: No it isn't!! It's 10:30!!!

Me: No..it's 1:30. (pause) Wait, where are you?

Woman: Where are you? I'm in the Washington State legislature.

Me: I'm in Washington, DC.

Together: oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Man, that really sucks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

worryingly I think I'd have kept the "it's 1:30 not 10:30" argument going a LOT longer before I twigged what was happening :-D